To help extract, analyze and validate the business requirements for various digital projects.
As a member of POWERSHiFTER’s strategy team, you will collaborate with creative and technical teams to dig deeper on our clients’ asks to tease out functional requirements on projects ranging from digital marketing initiatives to complex product development executions.
Your insights and contributions will fuel not only development, but user experience design as well. As such, an open mind and collaborative nature is a must.
- Conduct documentation reviews, stakeholder interviews, group facilitation, and other requirements gathering exercises in order to articulate process flows and business requirements.
- Ability to convert requirements into development specification for internal and external development teams using a variety of software modeling documentation techniques.
- Combine an understanding of development lifecycles, technology platforms, and user interface design principles to help facilitate and support application development & delivery, to help make sure that project deliverables meet documented specifications.
- Identifying clients’ business needs
- Working with stakeholders and project teams to prioritize collected requirements
- Documenting requirements critical to achieving business objectives
- Identifying and establishing project scope based on requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions
- Acting as a client representative to internal development teams to ensure solution satisfies client needs
- Being a client contact throughout the project and being a knowledgeable and professional representative of POWERSHiFTER, embodying our Direct to Expert approach
- Assemble, analyze, and generate high quality functional specifications for technical teams to work from
- Presenting business recommendations and technical functional specifications to clients in an easy to understand format
- Work with design to distill requirements into actionable user stories and epics
- Documenting and managing internal and client meetings on an as-needed basis
- Optimizing and improving requirements gathering and documentation processes in strategy group based on best-practices
- Actively contributing to and internalizing POWERSHiFTER’s processes
- Have fun!
- A university degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years experience working in a digital agency
- Proficiency in various software requirements methodologies
- Experience in organizing and presenting complex information in simple visual models.
- Strong writing and communication skills, ability to articulate complex technical requirements in a simple to understand, conversational manner.
- Excellent track record in client management experience, specifically in facilitating client interviews, stakeholder workshops and team meetings.
- Technical experience in web or software development, with a demonstrated understanding of web related technical terms
- Knowledge and experience in identifying data / information requirements.
- Experience with requirements management software preferred
- Understanding of web technology platforms and their capabilities/limitations
- Functional or project management experience preferred
- Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required. Calm under pressure.
- Very comfortable in a customer / business facing role.
- Interviewing and facilitation skills, such as conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to to see the big picture while paying attention to the smallest details.
- Exceptional follow up skills
- Knowledge and experience with Agile principles and methodology is an asset
- Sense of humour
- This is a full time, permanent position