POWERSHiFTER’s Senior User Experience Designers are passionate about UX and the difference it makes for businesses and customers. Responsible for the development of customer experiences across a variety of touchpoints and platforms, they lead user experience activities on key projects and initiatives.
The Senior User Experience Designer will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create insightful, empathetic, data driven experiences for our clients. Utilizing design thinking and agile process you will apply the latest user experience design techniques and tools to create prototypes and solutions.
Located in the Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver, as part of the POWERSHiFTER team you will have access to some of the brightest minds in design, technology, strategy and data science. You will work in an environment that values people, process and performance, collaborating with team members in both Vancouver and Toronto.
We believe that when you start with empathy, amazing things can happen. You will champion this belief through the practice of design thinking and human centered design principals (HCD) on both client and internal work. You will be instrumental in working with senior design team members to grow and develop this to become our cultural norm in the way we produce digital experiences. You’ll be influential in shaping this point of view outside the agency through thought leadership initiatives like, blogging, speaking, and other means. Are you ready to wear someone else’s shoes?
- Establish UX workflow and drive best practices with an eye toward responsive design patterns, localization, scalability, integration, and ease of maintenance across a variety of consumer touch points and platforms – web, mobile, eCommerce, admin tools, etc.
- Help define user goals, models, taxonomy, and user interfaces for new and existing product features then translate them into wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Perform intuitive UX evaluations, competitive analysis, help facilitate usability testing, and present recommendations on major projects that involve user experience.
- Create, present, and deliver user flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, process maps, feature lists, and detailed taxonomy overviews, to effectively communicate interaction, user experience, and design ideas.
- Help develop and evangelize personas and use cases.
- Push innovation both aesthetically and technologically, utilizing sketch and invision to craft and present thinking
- You use your talent for transforming great ideas into engaging creative that captures the imaginations of internal team members, clients, and customers for all screen-based media, including mobile, and emerging formats that our company is required to produce.
- Work with creative directors to conceptualize and execute designs that will advance clients’ businesses.
- Work with Product Managers to define the feature set
- Mentor UX designers, helping them develop their skills and performance.
- Work with Creative Directors, UI Designers, Strategists and Developers to establish strategic and creative approaches for a given assignment.
- Works to produce workflows with the team that keeps pace with industry standards and POWERSHiFTER’s deliverables.
- Will stay up to date on the latest UX and design trends and requirements for all current and emerging formats of digital UX design.
- Will creatively solve problems at all levels of detail: from the big picture to the nuts and bolts.
- Will work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Actively contributes to internal programs and knowledge sharing.
- Participates in the recruitment of new UX hires through our interviewing process.
- Will alert Sr. Staff in a timely manner to any issues that they may be having with the workload, others in the office or negative work environment so that they can be addressed quickly.
- Will share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Have fun!
- Minimum education requirements: Relevant Bachelor Degree
- Minimum experience requirements: 5+ Years
- This is a full time, permanent position