Sr. Interactive / Digital Designer - Contract
We are seeking talented freelance Interactive / Digital Designers to add to our roster of “go-to” designers. At POWERSHiFTER, your design ideas will go “beyond the pixel” — that is to say: we value our designers’ talent. As an Interactive / Digital Designer, we know that you are passionate about finding creative solutions to complex visual problems, and we will stoke that creative fire by never asking you to simply “paint between the lines” of a wireframe. Honestly, we want nothing less than your full artistic talent unleashed onto each project.
You will work directly with our Creative Directors, Strategists, and Technical Leads to translate creative concepts into visual solutions, matching innovative thinking with equally innovative execution. We have a fantastic team of both in-house and external folks, and ask that you make yourself available to work from our offices if necessary.
POWERSHiFTER is located in the Gastown neighbourhood of downtown Vancouver, BC.
- Job type: Contract
- Length of engagement: Varies
- Apply by: October 16th, 2013 Apply now!
- working closely with the Creative Director, Strategist and Interactive Producer on a per-project basis to understand, achieve, and surpass our client’s goals;
- creating effective, innovative, and on-budget interface design deliverables that are tailored for each project’s target audience;
- becoming the “creative voice” for each project, effectively communicating the design concepts, ideas and approaches to the other creative team members;
- taking a leadership role when working or presenting work to creative team; and
- working closely with Information Architects and User Experience Designers throughout each project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Interactive Design preferred
- Experience designing responsive and mobile-only websites
- Experience deisnging iOS App interface, as well as other smartphone Apps
- 4+ years in digital agency experience; designing interactive and interface-focused projects
- Creativity is an absolute must! Your prime focus is creating striking, engaging, and effective designs for (potentially) several projects at a time.
- Expert-level of knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite products; primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign. Knowledge of HTML/XHTML, CSS and other multimedia suites
- Knowledge of screen layouts, online graphic fundamentals, typography & web-related limitations an absolute must-have.
- Strong working, and demonstrable, knowledge of user experience (UX) design practices
- Exceptional design portfolio of recognizable work on top brands
- Ability to interact and collaborate with other departments within the agency to solve problems
- An eye for detail, typography, colour, and how to put it all together.
- Able to estimate accurately on the effort required to meet the challenge of the brief